The goal of an Occupational Therapist is to help a patient to live their life more independently.
Occupational Therapists work to help patients adapt to or overcome conditions that are mentally, physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabling.
The versatile occupational therapists at Therapy Services can be found anywhere from the NICU helping the tiniest newborns learn how to eat without a feeding tube, to the state-of-the-art therapy gym helping patients with severe arthritis regain movement in their hands and fingers.
Our Areas of Focus in Occupational Therapy
- Work-related injuries
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Arthritis & other serious illnesses
- Children with birth injuries
- Neo-natal intensive care
- Dynamic & static splinting
- Structural integration & deep tissue massage
- Hand therapy including fine motor retraining & coordination
- Activities of daily living
- Wheelchair fitting & adaptive equipment
- Chronic pain & headaches