Heart Screening Overflow will be March 19th.
(spots still available)
The leading cause of death in Madison County is cardiovascular disease. Fortunately, this condition can be prevented or delayed. Madison Memorial Hospital is here to keep you healthy!
On February 27th we are offering our annual preventative care screening for only $90, a small fraction of the normal price, to help everyone!
These screenings are cash, check, or card basis; or you may complete a payroll deduction, and it will not be billed to the insurance. This will be open until appointments are filled.
We have joined with Idaho Heart Institute to offer this screening to provide you with information that will help you make the right decisions for your life.
Each of the screenings below will help determine your heart disease risk:
• Stroke screening Ultrasound: Checks for narrowing and blockages of the main arteries in the neck.
• 12-lead Electrocardiogram (ECG): Measures the electrical activity of the heart.
• Blood Cholesterol and Hemoglobin A1c Measurements*: Checks A1c levels in blood.
• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Ultrasound: Checks for an aneurysm, a bulge or weakness in the aorta, the major blood vessel in the abdomen.
• Peripheral Artery Disease Screening: Screens for blockages and plaque buildup in the legs.
• Body Mass Index: Assesses your body weight relative to height.
• Blood Pressure: Measures the blood pressure against the walls of the arteries.
*The blood work portion of the screening (blood cholesterol and hemoglobin A1c measurements) is optional. If you choose not to complete blood work, the cost of the remaining six screening tests is $75
This screening will specifically identify your risk factors and recommend a course of action to help you improve your heart and vascular health!