Cancelled for 2021!
What is the Community Wellness Fair?
The Community Wellness Fair is completely FREE for anyone in the community to attend. It has about 80 health and wellness professionals who will be available to answer questions and even offer some free screenings.
The Wellness event details:
The Eight Dimensions of Wellness
Making the Eight Dimensions of Wellness part of daily life can improve mental and physical health. The Community Wellness Weekend is designed to help individuals connect with local health and wellness resources as well as become educated through the wellness conference.
What is Wellness?
Wellness is being in good physical and mental health. Because mental health and physical health are linked, problems in one area can impact the other. At the same time, improving your physical health can also benefit your mental health, and vice versa. It is important to make healthy choices for both your physical and mental well-being.
Remember that wellness is not the absence of illness or stress. You can still strive for wellness even if you are experiencing these challenges in your life.
What Are the Eight Dimensions of Wellness?
Learning about the Eight Dimensions of Wellness can help you choose how to make wellness a part of your everyday life. Wellness strategies are practical ways to start developing healthy habits that can have a positive impact on your physical and mental health.
The Eight Dimensions of Wellness are:
1. Emotional—Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships
2. Environmental—Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being
3. Financial—Satisfaction with current and future financial situations
4. Intellectual—Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills
5. Occupational—Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work
6. Physical—Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep
7. Social—Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system
8. Spiritual—Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life
We hope that you participate in the Community Wellness Fair, and reach your health aspirations!